The original and official compactmotorsports.

Due to unavoidable circumstances

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jazeman Jaafar heads off to Spain for second round of Formula Renault 3.5 Series


(Motorsport News) Monday, 22nd April 2013



Jazeman Jaafar heads off to Spain for second round of Formula Renault 3.5 Series
 
Malaysia’s leading international racing driver, Jazeman Jaafar, is heading off to Spain this week as he looks forward to another highly competitive round of the Formula Renault 3.5 Series (FR3.5) which will be held at Motorland Aragon circuit in Alcañiz.
 
Jazeman, a PETRONAS Talent Programme driver, is currently lying tenth in the FR3.5 Drivers’ Championship, after the first two races and is looking to score strongly and improve on this position. He says of his expectations for the weekend, “I’m going to Aragon with the confidence of a good start to my Formula Renault 3.5 campaign at Monza earlier this month.
 
“Although I haven’t raced at the track, I have tested there this season, so I’m familiar with it. We’ll be having an extra practice session on Thursday, as a replacement for a test day we lost to snow, so I’ll be well acclimatised for the start of the racing on Saturday. I’m hoping to continue the consistency and race pace from Monza and work with my experienced Carlin team to produce the results we’re aiming for.”

Jazeman will have mandatory pit stop in Spain
The 20-year-old driver continues, “As well as the first time racing at Aragon, it will be my first time of mandatory pitstops, but we’ve been practicing these, so I’m feeling quite positive and excited for this extra challenge.
 
“The first races at Monza were everything I had expected. It was very competitive racing throughout the whole race distance, which required a very high level of concentration and focus for a longer period than I’ve experienced, as these races are longer than previous series I’ve raced in. It’s great to get more mileage per race and push yourself harder; it adds to the challenge and is a great step forward for my career.”
 
The first race of the weekend will take place on Saturday afternoon at 14.30 local time and the second race will be on Sunday afternoon at 14.30 local time. Both races will be 45 minutes and the Sunday race will feature a mandatory tyre change pitstop. Fans in Malaysia can watch the races live on Eurosport. Check listings for details.

No comments: