The original and official compactmotorsports.

Due to unavoidable circumstances

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Jazeman To Race At Snetterton This Weekend


(Motorsport News) Wednesday, 1st August 2012

Jazeman Jaafar
Jazeman Jaafar

BACK ON BRITISH SOIL FOR JAZEMAN JAAFAR FOR SNETTERTON ROUND OF BRITISH F3

Olympic fever is gripping the world at the moment as the athletes compete to win and Jazeman Jaafar has the same goal as he prepares for the next round of the British F3 International Series which will be held this weekend at Snetterton race circuit in Norfolk.

The young Malaysian is in Bronze medal position of the Drivers’ Championship table, but is within striking distance of the top step of the podium, just four points from silver and eight points from the leading driver, Felix Serralles. Jaafar is racing for gold and is looking forward to three very competitive races to reassert his position at the top of the table.

“It’s such close racing this season,” says Jaafar. “It’s a three-way fight at the moment, but every race is so important, so my focus is on the individual races rather than the overall title battle. Scoring as many points as possible in every one of the remaining races is going to be vital for me to finish in the top three. “

The Olympics is a great motivator for Jaafar, as he comments, “Watching the world’s greatest athletes competing in the London 2012 Olympics is very inspirational. These ladies and men are supremely fit, just as I have to be for racing, and it’s great to watch them represent their countries for national glory.”
The weather is one of the biggest imponderables for the PETRONAS Talent Programme driver, as he explains, “I’ve had three race weekends which have been pretty awful weather-wise and it hasn’t made racing very easy. It was so bad in Spa that one of our races was cancelled, which was disappointing, so I hope that the English summer can finally arrive by the time I get to Snetterton. Saying this, whatever the weather, I’ll be out there to fight for a win in every race as always.”

Jaafar says of Snetterton, “I’ve tested here this season and found some good pace, so I’m confident that we’ve prepared well for the weekend. I’ve been at the Carlin team HQ to meet with my engineer and plan the strategy for the weekend. Now my focus turns to the track itself. I’ll walk round it with my engineer and coach at the start of the weekend, then finalise the car set up, before going out for the practice sessions on Friday. I’m ready for the challenge ahead.”

The weekend starts on Friday with practice sessions, ahead of qualifying at 11.20 on Saturday 4th August. The first race starts 15.15 on Saturday afternoon, with race 2 on Sunday morning at 10.10 and the final race at 14.25 on Sunday.

No comments: